Calligram

 




Artist Statement:

    I enjoyed this project a lot! Getting to take the time to think about what you hope for yourself in 20 years really made me question what I really wanted. The project had its difficulties that for sure but im very happy with the way mine turned out!


Process:

    I chose to do a hand to symbolize my handprint on the world. Which had to go with what my letter was mostly about. So i first began to outline the shape of a hand. Then, i decided to disect the hand so that my words can fit in and create almost a mandala type of work. After chose to add a sun, which symbolizes happiness and love to me using my most important part of my letter. Finally, to did squiggly lines which i thought made my calligram look more whole! 


Here is my inspiration:

My letter to self:


My finished Calligram!











Comments

  1. The rays emanating out of the hand look really cool. It has this weird mix of a mechanical and a human look which I love.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Photoshop HW 1

Id Homework 1